Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Equipment which is used by the individuals as a shield to protect themselves from hazards and other infectious materials is called Personal Protective Equipment. PPE Certification ensures the products are made in line with harmonized standards and met the PPE regulation. The harmonized standard also specifies requirements for manufacturing the products.
PPE products should comply with regulation 2016/425 (the latest version) to enter the business markets of European Countries. PPE ensures the safety of the wearer. Regardless of the profession, a firefighter, laboratory technician, medical practitioner, or craftsman, the durable and quality personal protective equipment is a must to protect oneself from life-threatening risks and incidents. So, it is important for the PPE to comply with the applicable safety requirements.
Testing to PPE
PPE test certificate by IAS establishes that your PPE product complies with specific requirements of the PPE regulation. We conduct the necessary tests on your product in compliance with relevant test standards to verify its effectiveness. In addition, the PPE products which are made under 2016/425 should comply with the Essential Health and Safety Requirements (ESHR) in the PPE regulation.
Personal Protective Equipment Certification for different category of products
Based on the risk levels, all PPE products are classified into three categories as per the EU regulation 2016/425
- Category I includes PPE products that help to protect wearers from minimal-risks. That’s to say, the risks occur due to contact with water or cleaning materials, sunlight. The products in this category are gardening gloves, sunglasses, etc.
- The products that not fall under the category of I and III considered as Category II. It includes PPE products such as safety spectacles and goggles, industrial helmets, bump caps, high visibility clothing, etc.
- Category III includes products such as respiratory equipment, fall arrest equipment, life vests, chemical protective clothing, etc.
Manufacturers of PPE should undergo compliance tests against the 2016/425 EU regulation to confirm the quality as well as the robust performance of their products. To get the PPE certification, the manufacturers should develop a technical file that states the information about the testing reports and results of your PPE.
PPE Certification Testing services
IAS tests and certifies Personal Protective Equipment from various sectors such as medical equipment and clothing like face masks, N95 mask, gloves, gown, face shield, eye protection (goggles), sporting equipment such as helmet, elbow and knee pads, wrist and palm protectors and also other protective clothing such as high-visibility clothing, welding clothing, heat and flame protective clothing, etc.
We offer PPE Certification services for High visibility clothing
The importance of high visibility clothing is high in workplaces such as construction sites. It helps reduce the risk of accidents and injuries. So, it should satisfy the required health and safety regulations.
The PPE products must satisfy the requirements of the regulation 2016/425 to ensure the safety of users. This regulation provides two important test standards for high visibility clothing such as:
- EN ISO 20471 high visibility clothing includes test methods and requirements
- EN 1150 specifies test methods and requirements for protective clothing
PPE Certification testing services for medical devices
PPE Certification service from IAS helps manufacturers to ensure the safety and quality performance of PPE products. We perform effective testing methods to confirm whether the PPE products met the applicable regulatory requirements. With years of experience and expert knowledge, we help you meet the specific requirements to take your products to the desired business market. We perform tests for face masks including reusable fabric masks, medical face masks, and respirators, protective gloves that are made from substances such as Latex, Vinyl, and Nitrile and medical gowns, surgical gowns, etc.
PPE Certification test for protective footwear and protective gloves
We also conduct tests and provide PPE Certification for footwear against various EN standards such as EN ISO 20345, EN ISO 20346, EN ISO 20347, etc.
How to Apply
- Finalize the product for which you need to obtain certification like different products or same product with range to be certified
- Contact us with the completed Application form to discuss about the details of certification.
- Submission of first documentation by manufacturer/trader (Based on Certification standard, including test certificates)
- Ensure that the documentation fulfill the compliance requirement.
- Audit the product to ensure the product meets the standard requirements.
- Submission of final documentation along with additional clarifications, if any.
- Final document evaluation and recommendation.
- Award of certification of Compliance